Thursday, March 20, 2008

TV ennui

When Squawk Box is the most exciting thing on TV, something's oh, so wrong. Lipstick Jungle, Cashmere Mafia, The Return of Jezebel James ... are these shows really coming out of the same era as Malcolm in the Middle and Mad Men? The third season of Battlestar Galactica was deathly boring so I'm not looking forward to the April premiere. God, I hope they don't find Earth. We're nobody's answer -- not even lost shows. I wish I could blame it on the writers' strike, but I can't. Of course, we have Lost -- but I've always watched Lost with a great deal of resistance. The writers use the viewers like one big inflatable sex doll. (I got burned by Alias.) I sorta hope Mad Men doesn't return. It's perfectly complete as it is.

Oh, and isn't The Tudors a complete waste of time? Okay. The Tudors liked to have fun. So what? And all that over acting by Jonathan Rhys Meyers... (Compare to Cate Blanchett, Class.)

On the other side of the historic drama:

I'm trying to like John Adams, but so far, it is as slow as Revolutionary molasses. And it's not even historically accurate. Two of the soldiers were found guilty in the Boston Massacre (in real life). I mean, if you're going to be slow and ponderous, you might as well be historically accurate. Know what I mean?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Really right. I Love To Watch Cashmere Mafia.